Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thanks for the Info Uncle Henry!

I got an email from Lyles uncle explaining some of the photos on the chunky book pages I did. It may be of interest to some of you. Here is what he had to say.
The picture of the three men standing near the railroad drawbridge was taken during World War One. The man in the center is my Grandpa Heinrich von der Heide. I do not know where the picture was takenThe picture of the two soldiers was taken during World War II. The man on the right was my mom's brother Gustav von der Heide and the man on the left was my mom's cousin Helmut von der Heide.The picture of Uncle Fred in the garage was taken in a Ford/John Deere garage in Elgin. He did no own a shop but worked there as a mechanic.

1 comment:

Etha said...

this is totally cool, I lovet hose old pictures, they become so much more meaningful if you know some story behind them! And your chunky book is just out of this world, lay it on the coffee table :)
I got your mail today hon!! Will make you a package sometime this week!!