Friday, July 18, 2008

Masculine Chunky Book, and last DT works

I have been very busy since returning from vacation. But I always have to make time for art. This is my first page of the Maculine Chunky Book swap I am in. I didn't really like any of the collage sheets I have for this project. So I am returning to the old family photos I got from Lyles uncle. This page has a photo of Lyles grandfather. I started out with the Textured Metallics tech from the April 06 issue of Technique Junkies. I have NO IDEA if grandpa was a Republican, but I had the paper and the antique copper letter. I really like how this page came out!
As of Sept. 1 there will be a new design team at Fire Cracker Designs by Pamela. If you would like to try to be on the next team check out the requirements http://www.pamelasgallery.com/?p=805
So this is my last month on the team, and here are a few of my last projects. I made a few cards, but I also HAD to make a little book! I just couldn't help myself.
This one uses a tech that I created. I call it Not So Faux Oil Painting. You can check it out on Pamelas blog http://www.pamelasgallery.com/?p=805
Black and White cards are just so elegant, aren't they. I am very pleased with this card.

And here is the little book! These are SO MUCH FUN!!! I just love making these books. I took all my books with me when we went back home. My family really liked them. I had to give some away as gifts. I actually left one for my aunt and uncle and didn't tell them. They noticed it on top of their curio cabinet after we left. When I got home there was a very nice thank you message from them on my voice mail.
For the pages of this book I used the Faux Handmade Paper tech from the recent issue of Technique Junkies. I really like this tech, even though it is so messy. I don't mind all the paint on my fingers at all.




No comments: